I was setting up OpenVPN on my VPS today. I was following this tutorial and everything went smoothly until I’ve installed client on my Windows 7 desktop. I got connected, but my Internet traffic wasn’t forwarded through VPN and this was my main goal. So I’ve checked server config and applied few ideas found via Google, no luck. Modified iptables, still no forwarding. Then I’ve checked logs in my client, now I know that I should’ve started there.
I was really looking forward to see The Cabin in the Woods, but when I’ve finally did I was disappointed. The scenario is such a piece of crap that I can’t imagine how somebody could approve production. We have ancient evil god who needs to receive human blood sacrifices from five people, so group (I wonder who was financing them as they seemed to have endless funds) devoted to keep evil out of the world has made some kind of computer-altered environment (rip off from Hunger Games) and are luring innocent people there.
I’m subscriber to O365 for quite some time and Lync wasn’t fully functional (ability to chat with people outside of my domain) for me even once. Solutions I was able to find in Google were all the same, turn off External communications then turn it on again (and it doesn’t work, I’ve tried many times). Today after some investigation I’ve finally found out where the problem is. It’s wrongly set SRV record.
For some time I was thinking about the post on how inconvenient Firefox is in comparison to Chrome. Actually there was only one small glitch, but it was driving me mad. In Chrome when you’re typing address the first suggestion is automatically filled in, so you just need to tap Enter. It’s very fast and intuitive. Unfortunately I also need to use Firefox, because it’s the only browser I know which has ability to use it’s own proxy settings, not the ones from system, and it’s really crucial to me.
I’ve tried a lot of online task managers, but each one of them had some flaws. Usually either it was need of special app installation on desktop or that it wasn’t free (biggest issue). So I was really happy when Android Police recommended Smthngs. Fully online, free and with nice looking app for my phone. What do you need more? It turns out that few things. Below is the list of issues I’ve found in this service.
As Diablo 3 is extremely popular these days I’ve decided to give it a try. But as it’s quite expensive right now, I’ve obtained guest pass just to check if it’s worth the money. At first I couldn’t install it because installer wasn’t able to connect to Internet. I’ve tried everything. I’ve even let this thing to go outside of my firewall, without results. Then I’ve read somewhere, Google again was my best friend, that this setup thingy takes network settings from Internet Explorer.
Today I’ve read on Wired that Kindle App has been updated with ability to read comics. Yay! I’ve said, or rather thought, and updated it immediately. And indeed Panel View works great. Reading is pretty smooth. But there is one glitch. I can only read on my phone or in Cloud Reader. No option for tablet. At first I’ve thought that it’s just about my device. But no, some titles, like A Game of Thrones, can be downloaded to tablet.
I saw Prometheus the other day and I must say that it was disappointment. Don’t take me wrong, movie is good, it’s beautiful. However you can for sure save some money and go to 2D version, 3D is lame in this picture. By all means this movie was made correct, what’s not surprising as mister Scott is experienced director and for sure has no problems gaining funds. But correct is not enough in this case.
Today I’ve experienced, again, the problem with Excel that it was calculating formulas only after clicking save, not while entering data. As it was pretty annoying I’ve googled the solution, it was for some ancient version of Excel, but I was able to adjust it to 2010 version. Here you go: 1. Go to **Formulas **-> Calculation Options. 2. Set it to Automatic. It switches to manual if you open Excel file where somebody set it like that.